Goal 1: All Properties are Well-Maintained
- Make home ownership, renovation/trade skills, rehabilitation, and advocacy trainings easily accessible for residents, including youth.
- Identify local and state government resources that will help demolish abandoned houses and repurpose vacant spaces.
- Share homeownership information (like knowing when a home is built) and make it readily available.
- Create more public art in the neighborhood.
Goal 2: All Children in North Danville Graduate from High School Equipped to Follow Their Passions
- Develop mentorship and programs that connect young people with other community members to build on local knowledge and skills.
- Create specific spaces and programs that are designated as good learning environments.
- Increase the number of college prep courses for the neighborhood youth, starting in middle school.
- Create training facilities, programs, and communication channels that enable face-to-face connections between schools and parents.
Goal 3: North Danville is a Clean and Safe Community
- Create more opportunities for law enforcement and residents, including children, to build relationships and partner with each other.
- Improve lighting, create more sidewalks, and slow traffic throughout North Danville.
- Develop a more formal way, like a resident-led task force, for residents to stay involved in their community’s cleanliness, beautification, and safety.
- Create a resident informed branding campaign and more beautification projects across the neighborhood.
Goal 4: Many Diverse, Youth-Oriented Activities are Located in North Danville
- Develop youth mentoring programs that focus on the neighborhood’s history and cultural grounding.
- Increase access to parks and play spaces, programs, and infrastructure that reflect the priorities of North Danville’s youth and include activities for parents.
- Recruit new volunteers—from within and outside of the neighborhood—who work directly with youth.
- Increase the availability of leadership development programs in North Danville.
Goal 5: All North Danville Residents are Able to Support Their Families and / or are Financially Stable
- Support a living wage for residents, and include benefits that incentivize healthy options and insurance for all employees.
- Develop or bring more financial and job training programs into North Danville.
- Create incentives for businesses that support a living wage to (re) locate in North Danville.
- Establish and promote vocational incentive programs at Danville Community College to increase work-based skills and education.